Welcome to the adventure
Hey there, I’m Prudence and welcome to the site. I’m the creative brain behind Fuzzy Ink Stationery, a business which mixes my love of family and genealogy with my background in graphic design. I design and develop all invitation, stationery, and genealogy templates. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t obsessed with storytelling. I was about 6 or 7 the first time I saw a show called ‘This is Your Life.’ I was hooked. Witnessing the celebration of someone’s life and hearing all those people share their impressions and stories of that person was magic to me. Naturally, this meant I peppered my parents with questions about my relatives (living and dead) which wasn’t met with as much excitement.
When Mum turned seventy a few years back, I realized the importance of capturing those stories so they could continue to be retold. The stories of her life, parents, and siblings were a part of her legacy to the next generation. All the mementos and photos she had saved were a window into a vibrant life and a time that has passed. So I wrote her a book titled ‘the first seventy years.’ Hope I’m up for writing the sequel when she’s done with the next seventy!
One light bulb moment later and Fuzzy Ink Stationery was born. That’s my story; now I want to help you tell yours. My goal is to build easy-to-use documents that you can customise if you choose too. Templates you can use to turn special moments, memories and research into creative, visual and shareable stories.
What I’m doing here
The purpose site (and my online stores) are to share my love of templates and printables. These items will help you to create stationery gifts that come from the heart. I would love to see what unique and heartfelt keepsakes you are making for your family and friends. Is it a bookmark? Or maybe an invitation or greeting card? Perhaps you are working on writing a memoir or family history book? You know the saying that a picture is worth one thousand words? That definitely applies here. Head to my blog, to Etsy or look below see some examples of my tips and tricks, templates and printables.
The idea is to use software that you most likely already have installed on your computer.
- Templates will use Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint and Word)
- Printables will be in PDF files (Acrobat Reader or similar)
- Suggested fonts will always be free to download
Keep an eye out for tips and tricks to get the most out of this software to create keepsakes that you will want to share.
Where can you go from here?
- Join the community to receive access to the Resource Library for free tips, templates, and other printables. You’ll also receive a twice-monthly newsletter with insights, updates, and special offers
- Head over to Etsy and see which templates and printables are currently available.
- Are you a fan of Facebook? Join me there for regular updates and to share your creations.
- Get in touch, I love hearing from people. Leave a comment on your favourite blog post or on Facebook. Or send me an email or owl post. It would be fantastic to hear your feedback and see some of your creations. After all, creativity is limited only by your imagination.